Monday, June 4, 2012

Chateau de la Herm, Sheep! Benac Creme Brule'

Another day of blue skies, but cooler temperatures.  Our day started with ham, tomato and cheese omelets, coffees and baguette.

 Kurt and I had seen Chateau Herm in our first week, but waited so we could take Kathy (Herm) there.  Of course, it is closed for the month of June.  Really?  We got an up close enough view of the formerly wonderful castle in ruins.  It had a lovely stone bridge over it's moat.  Took some pictures of Kathy in front of it for her husband, Joe.  

 Chateau de L'Herm, really!


Took a walk down a long path beside the castle and heard sheep, lots of sheep.  It was just another item on my wish list for my trip to France.  Big sheep, baby sheep, furry sheep, sheared sheep and even a black sheep.  The others seem to like him, though. They didn't judge.  There were so many sheep on both sides of the road.  Mom doesn't understand why this made me so happy.  Come to think of it, me either, but it did.  I had been talking about sheep quite a bit, always looking for a field full.  


 We found sheep, lots of sheep




There's always one black sheep of the family 



Next, we took them to see Benac Castle, which sits high up on a hill, overlooking the Dordogne River.  The sky was so blue with puffy white clouds.  Just another unbelievable day full of unexpected adventures.
 Draw bridge at Benac Castle

 Last Supper painted in Benac Chapel


 Just my sister, my Mom and my son, Oh, and a castle.


 Havin' fun at the top



 
 Indoor bathroom



 

 Leaning out over the top, very high, look at the cars!


                               Dinner at a brasserie and creme brulee (my first ever) for dessert.


                                                         Ostrich, it's whats for dinner

After dinner, cafe's





My first creme brulee.
I liked cracking it, like Amelie


Kathy's new Puegeot

Driving from one sight to another, Kurt noticed a depot vente that had old motorcycles, so we once again, made a pit stop.  We all combed through the rather large building, inside and out.  I had a small pile on the counter, when my mother asked if I had seen a couple of paintings on the floor.  The were old and in dirty condition, but they are fantastic! (sorry, Chels).  I could not believe it when he said they were only 5 Euros each.  Duh. Sold!





No comments:

Post a Comment