Saturday, June 2, 2012

Scary Day leaving Paris, LaMarenda, cemeteries and a long walk at home


Up at 5 to try to beat the hectic traffic out of Paris, Kurt and Chelsea helped us to the car with all our luggage.  This was going to be a scary day.

Chelsea was leaving Paris by herself to go back to the states.  Kurt rode in the cab with her but had to be dropped off at his terminal first.  She would have to find where to print her ticket and then find her gate.  She is usually a very brave girl, but this even had her worried a little. (and her mama, a lot!)

Kurt was leaving to fly to Barcelona by himself to go to a music festival.  He didn’t seem to mind, but I was worried for both of them.

And lastly, I had to drive in Paris, to try to get us back home to Baran.  Kathy was in charge of the GPS, which was not working properly and I had to try to steady my nerves for the driving.  We got lost, and scared, so we called Kurt and worried him.  He could tell how nervous we were and at one point my very patient son said “Mom, do not talk, just listen to me! Turn off the GPS, turn it back on and set it for Baran”.  He had saved it to favorites, so we did and were finally on our way out of Paris. 

Finally in Baran, we took a much needed nap, then headed out to a good meal at LaMarenda.  Good food is hard to find here.  LaMarenda is great food! 




 After dinner, we went to a cemetery to look for Reneaus and to let them see how ornate the graves are. 


 Then I took Mom and Kathy to Redon Espic, a 1300’s church that is built for sound.  Kathy and I sung “Take the name of Jesus with you” (the song our Grandma sang to us when we were little) and “Jesus is Lord”.   Most of you know that I can NOT sing.  I mean it’s bad.  My sister, Kathy, inherited that same trait.  BUT….. it sounded awesome in that church.  Mom was at the top of the hill and thought there was a church service going on inside.  Kathy and I are going to go back and do that again before we leave.  We will probably never sing pretty again, until Heaven.  Surely God has churches built for people like us to sing in.

 Took them at dusk to the L’Oratiore.  Home at dark for decaf café’s and once again, Ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment