Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tour de France


It was a 5 hour drive home from Nimes to Baran after dark. I cannot say enough that one literally puts his or her life on the line while driving on the highway in France.  There are some seriously crazy drivers. I was driving 130 kph and was getting passed like I was sitting still. It’s not only their speed, but they weave in and out of traffic as if it were a video game. They come up on you so fast and ride your bumper until you switch lanes, then pass you and cut back in front of you so close that it seems your bumpers might touch. I wanted to cry when Kurt asked me to keep driving after Toulouse because he was sleepy. It wasn't so bad, though because the further we got away from the coast, there were fewer and fewer of these crazy drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment